Wednesday, July 05, 2006

MUSE

Well this is my version of the song noor u ala noor...from the movie meenxai ...

O light of the almighty
Spread in all four directions
O grandeur light piercing darkness
Your presence is felt everywhere.
Whom do I ask other than you?
Is she the one for me?
When I asked the darkness
It turned a silent night
Morning light gave me a shy look
Eagles soaring sky high, hunting for their prize catch
I looked for my answer in their silent quest.
When I looked at the leaves and flowers
I found her in the colours of life.


O light of the almighty
I shed my prejudiced mask and feel your magic at work.
Riding the journey of life
I wonder if she is my final destination
When I lifted my gaze, I could see her everywhere
In the humming of bees, clinging of the bangles,
In the eyes of a poet,
In the melody of a song,
Inside the mind, body and soul of a lover.
She is my heart’s desire and mind’s quest
I place her in the path of grandeur light,
Seeking answers to my life’s mystery.
What would I gain from knowing the unknown?
Some ay its love, and some slavery
Some call it desire and some passion
Grandeur light makes me realise
Falling for love is what makes me special.

2 Comments:

Blogger gayatri said...

well i have seen the movie meenaxi many times and all i can say is that it is the best representation of story telling , visual beauty, art altogether,.and 2 think that some people led 2 the ban on the screening of it only coz of this song speaks a lot abt the mentality of those people.it is such a beautiful song. gr8 translation by the way.

5:40 pm  
Blogger rota said...

thanks

7:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home