Friday, November 09, 2012

Are you The Boxer or The Bag ............................









I have been listening to pearl jam songs over some time. Of late, have really got hooked onto them . I don't know what's got me hooked on to their songs.. It is the combination of neat songwriting and the magic of Eddie Vedder's voice. The guy just sings in such a laid back style and the his enigmatic voice lends a philosophical touch to the songs.

One such song that I liked is Yellow Ledbetter. A few of my friends who play the guitar say it is the toughest song to play as the band  improvises this song every time they play live. Their creative  skills are seen and this song is usually played the last in their live show.

The song has some great guitar riffs as well. The part where he says make me cry and the guitar solo that follows after that is simply magical. One literally feels that guitars are weeping...

The reason why I chose this song is the following lines which got my attention ....

I said "I know what I waited not a boxer or the bag." ......................................

This line makes me think  and I take a dig at it......

We come across people in our day to day life who could be the boxer or the bag.

Boxers move ahead in life, fighting all the opposition that come their way. Their focus is only to progress in life irrespective of the opposition and the way they go about. Landing punches with immaculate timing and taking advantage of the situations is their forte. Such people are found in every walk of life, be it professional , social or personal.

People who are pushed around during the Boxer's quest make up the Bags. The Bags are generally seen to be having a hit-me tag on them . What the Boxer's forget is even though a hit-me is pushed around it has the capability to bounce back on its own. They have a resilient strength and patience about them. Their progress wont be as fast as the boxers, but their would be on a strong foundation with roots deeply grounded.

The answer to the 'The Boxer' or 'The Bag' way is highly debatable. Each having its pros and cons..

For me , I believe in the Bag Way cause I believe in strong values, deep roots and also believe the Bags will hurt the Boxers if not dealt properly.. Patience and Resilience are virtues that aren't to be tested no matter who you are.........

I went a bit off the tangent with the song cause the song talks about death...... But that's being me... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home