Friday, December 08, 2006

My hometown - Rota

Well this one i wrote after my road trip from bangalore to my hometown nilambur in kerala.. the route runs through wildlife reserves of three different states.. its very scenic ... hopefully i have done some justice to the natural beauty ... no image yet for this one... watch out in near future. .here we go ........

MY HOMETOWN


---------------------------------------

Woke up early,
A chilly Tuesday morning.
Packed our stuff, sat in car
Me and my old man,
On our way,
To my hometown
My home town…..

These country roads,
Running wild,
Racing, river by its side,
Through the welcome arches
Of bamboo shoots on either side
Forming arcs
Take me to my hometown
My home town….

Cloudy skies,
Hid the sun,
Formed a cap on the mountains seen.
Nature seemed to be keen
In keeping us comfortable,
On our journey
To my hometown
My home town……

Eager eyes and nature, cried
Happy tears pour down,
Keeping everything cool and pleasant.
I felt comfort and joy
In my hometown
My home town …

The smell of mud,
Where my ancestors are buried,
Reminiscent of the great times we had.
The same country roads,
Take me away, from my own town.
The deep roots and memories
Won't drive me far,
Will bring me back
To my hometown
My home town ….
rota......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home