Monday, June 24, 2013

Faith Redefined






Faith .. That word holds a lot of meaning in my life.. It is something I live by.. Something that  holds a special place in my life. It also happens to be the first ink on my skin. Anything first always has a special place in one's life and same is with me. My first tattoo means a lot to me . You come across people in life who say, I have never done this or done that and you also come across people who say . There is always a first time for Everything. 'Faith' was my first time and the reason to get a tattoo done. Before that I had never even in my dreams though about getting inked. After getting 'Faith" done, its has been a different story. Each tattoo has had a memory or a story attached to it and my first one also has  a memory and a part of my life to it.

The  "Faith" tattoo is in memory of a person who has been a part of my Journey of Life through its darkest period. Spiritual and philosophical soul whose support has literally pulled me through my dark ages and gave me the zest for life in her own way. People you come across in life whether far or near, irrespective of the distance inspire you. I always believed Life is the greatest lesson and people you come across in you journey are your teachers. I had a phase in my life when I had given up on myself. Then a soul came as a blessing out of nowhere and things changed on its head. When you see a soul shine, radiate in adversity, you begin to wonder, how blessed you are to have your life the way it is. That's what exactly happened during conversations with Faith and with time I realized, my problems were nothing as compared to hers.
I knew my time with her was short lived or had an expiry period. That's when I to decided to wear my heart on skin. My first tattoo was done with my first pay..So it also symbolizes my journey form boy to a man. I showed my "Faith Tattoo" to Faith and the happy tears were simply priceless.Years have gone by since then.. I have no clue where is she or whats happened to her... But with the years gone by.. The memory has grown along with me.. What was just a tiny tattoo has simply spread along my arm and rejuvenated and redefined the Faith in me.. 

That was a bit of flashback and nostalgia..Now coming to the present. 21st June 2013, Friday happened to be another day for another  one of my first things.. I got myself pierced in the company of a soul who I fondly address as "Bagful of Smiles" . This is another thing I would have never even dream t of getting , but comet h the day, the time and the soulful company, madness strikes and I just drill a hole and stick a metal on eyebrows pierced. ... 

The reason why I mention the two in same space is I sense a deja vu when it comes to strength and the outlook towards life of the two souls. The quote that follows is the best way to describe it..

“The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all.”(From Mulan)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home